Question: I tend to eat until I’m stuffed. How can I stop myself from overeating and lose weight?
The good news is that I have used and have been able curb my appetite with a product called Sensa – click here for more information on Sensa.
First, let me say that I am skeptical and often don’t like to try new things, but in this case I am glad that I did. Second, I really believe that the Sensa company has adapted to this growing trend (no pun intended) by helping people like me take control of my portion sizes.
A Little History on Sensa
You may have seen an infomercial for Sensa or read about it in the New York Times or TIME Magazine. Sensa has garnered lots of media attention due to its unusual weight loss method in which users sprinkle their food with flavorless crystals called Tastants that prevent them from overeating.
A neurologist and the creator of Sensa, Dr. Alan Hirsch says most diets fail because they prevent you from eating the foods you enjoy. That’s not a sustainable or healthy way to lose weight.
I can attest to this. I stick with my diet for a period of time AND always fall of the bandwagon due to cravings that I cannot control. Sensa claims to be different, in that you will lose weight without changing your diet. Well, it worked for me. I can eat the foods that I crave, but I don’t over-indulge…yet I still lose weight.
How Sensa Works
According to Dr. Hirsch, he tested more than 4,000 tastant combinations when creating Sensa to see which ones were the most effective in inducing weight loss.
He said that he discovered that certain scents enhance the smell of food and speed up the satiety process, so users feel full faster and eat less.
Sensa is unique in that it’s based entirely on the science of smell, so there are no stimulants, pills or drugs in Sensa that work against your body’s natural impulses.
Also according to the Dr. Hirsch, when Sensa was tested in one of the largest clinical studies involving a non-prescription weight loss product, 1,436 men and women lost an average of 30.5 pounds in 6 months just by sprinkling Sensa on everything they ate. None of the participants were told to change their diet or fitness routine. This too is what attracted me.
Dr. Hirsch says that he came up with the idea for Sensa after spending more than 20 years studying patients who lost their sense of smell due to illness or brain trauma and noted that many of them gained weight. That’s because people who don’t have properly working smell and taste receptors have nothing to control their appetite. In fact he says, science has discovered that there are subtle, almost imperceptible scents that can curb our desire to overeat.
So in a nutshell, Sensa enhances the smell and taste of your food and allows you to feel satisfied on smaller portions without feeling hungry or deprived.
Dr. Hirsch also went on to say that by enhancing smell, Sensa helps trigger your ‘I feel full’ signal so you eat less and feel more satisfied and the Sensa weight loss system works to curb people’s appetites so they can gradually ‘shrink’ their appetite rather than turning to crash diets or pills that aim for instant weight loss.
Sensa May Not Be for Everyone
Sensa was right for me, but it may not be right for you. From my point of view, I’ve tried just about everything from strict calorie counting to working out like I was training for an elite marathon and had nothing to lose by trying Sensa – since I always seem to stop for some reason or another and sadly gain back most or all of my weight. I know that I should have more control and focus, but my food cravings and family responsibilities always seem to get the better of me.
In the end, I just knew one thing – I had to do something to get my weight back under control and was happy when I found Sensa. I also hate to admit it, but there are plenty of people with busy lifestyles that possess the will power to control their food cravings and also work out consistently. If this sounds like yourself, you are probably fine on your current path and don’t need Sensa. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case with me.
Tip on How to Get the Most Out of Sensa
Here are some Sensa ideas that I hope you will benefit from. They are my trial and error tips that I now use on a daily basis:
- Consistency: Plain and simple – If you aren’t consistent, it won’t work.
- How to Save Some Money: I often would forget to bring my shakers with me when going out and in turn, would eat more. The hard part for me was making sure I always used Sensa for every meal and to do so while I was out, I needed to either buy another container and keep it in my handbag or come up with another solution. So here is what I did…I made it a habit to always have some extra Sensa in a separate small container that I kept in my handbag. This way, short errands that led to a quick bite – now meant less of a quick bite. Now that I was covered, I remained consistent. I still kept my main container at home and just kept the second container while I was on the go. The best part is I didn’t have to buy any extra shaker
- More is Sometimes Better: When I sprinkled a little on my fav foods (aka yummy tasty fatty bad stuff), it didn’t seem to do the trick and curb my appetite – as I would still eat a lot of it, basically because it tasted so darn good. But when I sprinkled enough on my food so that I could see it covering my food – I would noticeably eat much less
- Small Food Items: I love snacks, but there was no easy way to sprinkle Sensa on chips or pretzels without it falling off. Here is what would happen, Sensa would wind up sticking more to the plate than my food. What I learned to do is mist my food very, very lightly with a spray bottle. This would ensure that Sensa stuck to my food and not to the plate
- No Liquids: Do not use Sensa with any liquids at all – soups, shakes and more. I don’t know why, but it doesn’t work. Save your time and just don’t do it
The Million Dollar Question: Does Sensa Really Work?
Apart from the success of the clinical study, it turns out I am not the only one that lost weight with Sensa. According to Dr. Hirsch, millions are losing excess pounds with Sensa. And many of them are doing so without drastically changing their diet and fitness regimen. By sprinkling Sensa, they’re losing weight simply by eating less.
My two cents, if you’re tired of overeating and want to take back control of your portion sizes, you can try Sensa free for a limited time. Just click here for a 30 day free trial. It worked for me and hopefully it will work for you. If you don’t like it for any reason – no worries. It is a free trial.
YouTube clip of a Dateline NBC report on Sensa.